2024 Solar Eclipse Events: Unforgettable Experiences Await
April 8th, 2024 will be a day to remember. On this day, there will be a total solar eclipse that begins on Mexico’s Pacific Coast and heads northeast, creating a path of totality that spans a total of 13 states. This is one of those once-in-a-lifetime events that you won’t want to miss, so be sure to start making your plans to travel to the path of totality and attend one of the many solar eclipse events.
Solar Eclipse Events Along the Path of Totality
One way to make your trip to see the solar eclipse even more special is to attend one of the dozens of solar eclipse events that are taking place all across the country. In order to make your search for solar eclipse events a quick and easy one, we’ve listed some of our top picks below.
Texas Solar Eclipse Events
- Eclipse Over Texas, April 8th in Waco
- Eclipse UTOPiA, April 7th–8th in Utopia
- Camp Eagle Total Solar Eclipse Experience, April 5th–9th in Rocksprings
- Ground Zero MusicFest, April 5th–9th in Bandera
- Kerrclipse, April 5th–8th in Kerrville
- Perot Museum Great North American Eclipse Event, April 8th in Dallas
- The Fredericksburg Hot Air Balloon Solar Eclipse Festival, April 8th in Fredericksburg
- 2024 International Astrophysics Conference, April 5th–8th in Waco
- Cosmic Cowboy Eclipse Festival, April 8th in Hillsboro
- Texas Star Party, April 5th–9th in Hillsboro
- Eclipse-O-Rama, April 7th–8th in Fredericksburg
- Celest Fest, April 5th–9th in Belton
Oklahoma Solar Eclipse Events
- McCurtain County Solar Eclipse 2024, April 4th–9th in Valliant
- 2024 Eclipse in the Meadow, April 8th in Sokol
Arkansas Solar Eclipse Events
- Dig the Solar Eclipse Experience & Music Festival, April 8th at Ron Coleman Crystal Mine in Jessieville
- Eclipse Event at Johnny Cash Boyhood Home, April 8th in Dyess
- Solar Eclipse Camping Festival 2024, April 6th–8th in Mena
- Eclipse Over the Buffalo, April 4th–8th in Leslie
- Celestial Magic in Calico Rock 2024, April 6th–8th in Calico Rock
- 2024 Eclipse at Mid-America Science Museum, April 8th in Hot Springs
- Eclipse on the Farm, April 5th–8th in Morrilton
- Total Eclipse of the Rock, April 6th–8th in Little Rock
- Ozark Natural Science Center Eclipse Celebration Weekend, April 5th–8th in Huntsville
Missouri Solar Eclipse Events
- Arcadia Valley Solar Eclipse Day, April 7th–8th in Arcadia Valley
- Southeast University State University Event, April 8th in Cape Girardeau
- Everyone Belongs Under the Sun, April 8th in Cape Girardeau
- Eclipse Festival at Benton Speedway, April 6th–8th in Benton
- Buck Nelson Festival, April 8th in Mountain View
- Perryville Solarfest, April 6th–8th in Perryville
- Total Eclipse of the Bluff, April 8th in Poplar Bluff
- Eclipse West Plains, April 8th in West Plains
Kentucky Solar Eclipse Events
- Track the Eclipse at Ellis Park, April 8th in Henderson
- X Marks the Spot Downtown Festival, April 7th and 8th in Paducah
Illinois Solar Eclipse Events
- Southern Illinois Crossroads Eclipse Festival, April 5th–8th in Carbondale
- Willow Springs Awakening Eclipse Festival, April 4th–8th in Tamms
- Saluki Con Eclipse Con 2024, April 6th–7th in Carbondale
Pennsylvania Solar Eclipse Events
- Eclipse Within Our Gates – The Eclipse at Mercyhurst University, April 8th in Erie
- Eclipse Watch Party at Erie Land Lighthouse, April 8th in Erie
- Total Eclipse of the Art, April 5th–8th in Erie
- Eclipse at the Maritime, April 8th in Erie
- Lake Erie Speedway Event, April 8th in North East
- Lights Out!, April 8th in Lake Erie Wine Country
- Eclipse on the Farm, April 8th in Waterford
- Riverside Brewing Company Eclipse Watch Party, April 8th in Cambridge Springs
- Eclipse Camp at Camp Fitch, April 7th–9th in North Springfield
- Total Solar Eclipse Festival, April 8th in North East
- Solar Eclipse Fest, April 8th in Greenville
Ohio Solar Eclipse Events
- Great Lakes Science Center Total Eclipse Festival, April 6th–8th in Cleveland
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History Event, April 4th–8th in Cleveland
- Armstrong Air and Space Museum Event, April 6th–8th in Wapakoneta
- Imagination Station Events April 8th in Toledo
- Avon Lake Solar Eclipse, April 6th–8th in Avon Lake
- Center of Science and Industry Event, April 8th in Columbus
- Total Eclipse Camping Experience, April 6th–9th in Fort Laramie
- Total Eclipse Festival 2024, April 6th–8th in Cleveland
- The Great Geauga Total Solar Eclipse, April 8th in Burton
- Total Solar Eclipse 2024 Family and Children’s Event, April 8th in Broadview Heights
Indiana Solar Eclipse Events
- Conner Prairie Eclipse, April 8th in Fishers
- Total Solar Eclipse in Hamilton County
- No Sol, April 8th at Riddle Point Park at Lake Lemon
- Shadowfest, April 6th–8th in Bloomington
- Indy Eclipse Weekend, April 5th–8th in Indianapolis
- Butler University Viewing Event, April 8th in Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Event, April 8th at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Festival Country Indiana Events, April 6th–8th in Franklin and Greenwood
- Events at Wonderlab in Bloomington
- University of Southern Indiana Solarpalooza, April 7th–8th in Evansville
- 2024 Indiana Solar Eclipse Festival, April 5th–8th in Lions
New York Solar Eclipse Events
- Niagara Falls Event, April 8th in Niagara Falls
- Official LivCo Sol Viewing Event, April 6th–8th in Caledonia
- Roc the Eclipse Festival, April 8th at RMSC Museum & Science Center in Rochester
- Totality in Tupper, April 7th–8th in Tupper Lake
- Solar Spectacle: A Total Solar Eclipse At GCV&M, April 5th–8th in Mumford
Vermont Solar Eclipse Events
- Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium Event, April 8th in St. Johnsbury
- Great North American Eclipse Viewing Gathering at the Waterfront, April 8th in Burlington
- The Whiteout, April at Jay Peak Resort
- Solar Eclipse Celebration, April 8th in Brandon
- Sugarbush Resort Solar Eclipse Viewing Party, April 8th in Warren
New Hampshire Solar Eclipse Events
- See Science Center Viewing Event, April 8th in Manchester
- McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center Great American Eclipse Viewing Party, April 8th in Concord
- Partial Eclipse Viewing, April 8th in Manchester
Maine Solar Eclipse Events
- Maine Eclipse 2024 Extravaganza, April 5th–8th in Houlton
The Unforgettable Experience of RVing Under the Solar Eclipse
Know you want to see the solar eclipse but not sure where to stay? We highly recommend an RV, especially for this particular event, as it will allow you to get the most out of your experience.
What is a Solar Eclipse?
If you’re going to go out of your way to see the 2024 eclipse, you probably want to know what you’re seeing. A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and Earth. This casts a shadow over the earth and blocks the sun’s light on some parts of the Earth. Watching a total solar eclipse is an epic experience, to say the least.
Why the 2024 Solar Eclipse is Special
The 2024 solar eclipse is extra special because the sun’s light will be completely blocked, creating what is known as a total solar eclipse. This will be the last total solar eclipse that can be seen from the contiguous United States until 2044.
Benefits of RVing During the 2024 Solar Eclipse
There are a number of benefits to staying in an RV during the 2024 solar eclipse. You’ll definitely want to keep these in mind when deciding where to stay during your getaway to see this memorable event.
Many hotels are raising their rates during the week of the eclipse. You can avoid these higher rates by staying in an RV.
Head to the Boonies
An RV allows you to stay in comfort absolutely anywhere. This means you can head out to the boonies and avoid the crowds who are sure to flock to the cities that happen to be in the path of totality.
Stay in the Middle of the Fun
Alternatively, you could use an RV to park right in the middle of the fun! Many RV parks across the country are hosting eclipse-related events, meaning you’ll be able to enjoy exciting festivities from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed.
Have Your Own Space
One of the biggest benefits of staying in an RV is the fact that it allows you to stay in your own space. You’ll be able to spread out in your own little home-on-wheels and relax in peace after a day of fun.
Tips for RVing Under the Solar Eclipse
If you’re planning to stay in an RV during the eclipse, there are some things you should know. Below are some of our top tips for RVing during this event.
Book Your Campsite in Advance
If you want to stay in a campground, make sure you book your campsite well in advance, as RV parks and campgrounds are already filling up.
Can’t find a campground with availability? You could choose to boondock instead. A number of great dispersed camping spots are within the path of totality.
Rent an RV Outside of the Path
If you don’t own an RV, you will need to rent one. Because so many of the rental RVs along the path of totality have already been rented, this might prove a bit difficult. The best solution? Rent an RV outside of the path of totality and drive it to where you want to camp.
Best Locations for RVing Under the 2024 Solar Eclipse
Obviously, you will want to make sure you have an awesome place to stay for this incredible event. Finding the best RV campsites for eclipse viewing will require a bit of digging, but it is well worthwhile.
Top 7 Locations in the US for the 2024 Solar Eclipse
Don’t have time to research eclipse campsite options yourself? Still wondering, “What is the best place in the United States to see the 2024 eclipse?” Not to worry, we did the work for you. Below are our top picks for places to camp during the 2024 solar eclipse.
Pedernales Falls State Park
The 2024 eclipse will last the longest in the state of Texas, making it one of the best places to be, and Pedernales Falls State Park is one of the best spots in Texas.
This park offers an escape into nature while still giving visitors easy access to attractions. It’s about an hour and a half from San Antonio, meaning you can make day trips to check out the attractions there, and Fredericksburg is just 50 minutes away, making it easy to visit for their solar eclipse events. Of course, the South Texas weather is pretty great too!
Dinosaur Valley State Park
Another place where you can take advantage of the gorgeous Texas springtime weather, Dinosaur Valley State Park is about an hour and a half from Dallas. You could choose to attend the solar eclipse events in Dallas, Waco, or Hillsboro, or simply stay in the park. Either way, you’re sure to appreciate the many things to see and do in the park and the surrounding communities.
Wondering, “Where in Texas is the best place for the solar eclipse 2024?” Know that Dinosaur Valley State Park is at the top of our list.
Hot Springs National Park
RV camping in Hot Springs National Park is one of those things that should be on every RVer’s to-do list anyway, but doing so during an eclipse is even more epic. The weather should be great in this area in early April, and the park is in the path of totality. Of course, you’ll also love that there is so much to do in the park and in town before and after the eclipse.
Little Rock, AR
Many want to know, “What cities in Arkansas are in the path of totality 2024?” Little Rock, AR is on that list and is a great place to go. You’ll have easy access to the “Total Eclipse of the Rock” event happening in the city, as well as all of the amazing attractions the city has to offer.
The weather should be nice in early April in Little Rock, and we love that the entire state of Arkansas tends to be very welcoming towards RVers.
Indianapolis, Indiana is another big city we absolutely recommend for solar eclipse viewing. There are a number of solar eclipse events taking place in the city and its suburbs, meaning you’re sure to find one that suits your fancy. The weather will be cooler in Indiana than in Texas or Arkansas, but should still be nice enough.
Hoosier National Forest
Looking to do some primitive camping? Hoosier National Forest is a good pick for this.
Whether you prefer totally free dispersed camping or inexpensive national forest campgrounds, you’re sure to find something that fits the bill in this gorgeous forest. We also love that you’ll be able to be off-grid and in the middle of nature when experiencing the eclipse.
Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Finally, we must mention Cuyahoga Valley National Park. This park will almost certainly be a little chilly during the eclipse, but not so cold that you won’t want to be outside. We love that the park provides a natural wonderland that is a ton of fun to hike and explore, but is still close to three major cities, meaning food and other types of fun are never far away.
How to Choose the Perfect RV Spot for the Eclipse
If none of the spots above will work for you, you will need to seek out other options. Luckily, there are plenty of great ones to choose from.
To narrow down your options, we recommend looking for a spot that is in the path of totality for sure. If you can, try to head to a place with decent weather in early April so you aren’t stuck viewing the eclipse in the freezing cold. We also love the idea of finding places with fun events and things to do during the week of the eclipse.
Alternatively, you could choose a beautiful natural location, such as one of the many state parks in the path of totality.
The 2024 total solar eclipse is definitely something you should plan to see. We also highly recommend making your trip even more exciting by adding one of these awesome solar eclipse events above to your itinerary.
Ready to begin planning this memorable getaway? The first step is to rent an RV so you can make sure your trip is a comfortable one. After that, you’ll need to find a campsite near the event you plan to attend, grab some eclipse glasses (solar eclipse safety is key), and get ready for an amazing time!